Sunday, 19 January 2020
Port Local Bushfire Charity Auction
The Port Admiral Hotel, in collaboration with Black Diamond Tattoo and the Port Adelaide Guide, are throwing a massive auction and bushfire appeal get together on Sunday, 19 January, with the sum total of prizes and packages on offer amounting to more than $10,000.
Many businesses from Port Adelaide, and further around South Australia, have contributed to the fundraiser, with all proceeds – including from bar sales, pool table takings, flash tattoo sales (yes, you can get a tattoo at the pub), and gold coin donations – being donated to the SA State Emergency Relief Fund, SA CFS Foundation, KI Mayoral Bushfire Fund, Australian Red Cross and SAVEM (SA Veterinary Emergency Management).
“Not only in our home state but all across the country, we’re seeing tens of millions of acres of land being devastated by fire, something which is depressingly becoming a part of Australian culture as we continue to ignore the effects of climate change here and around the world. It’s time to wake up!” says Port Admiral co-owner Angus Henderson.
Doors will open at midday, with drinks, food, flash tattoos from Black Diamond Tattoo, and pool tables available.
At 2pm, a silent auction will begin.
At 3pm, the major auction will begin.
At 5pm, the raffle winners will be announced.
Bands will begin upstairs at the pub from 5:30pm, beginning with Slowmango and then followed by Dave and the Wirrabee Band. Entry cost to the band room upstairs is a gold coin donation, but you can certainly donate more than just one coin. It’s for a good cause, after all.
From 8pm, beer and wine sales will continue until close.
So, we hear you ask, what exactly will be up for auction and in the raffle? Please see this bullet-pointed list below:
- The Kardachi group of restaurants have donated $2500 worth of vouchers redeemable at places like Melt, Osteria Oggi, Shobosho etc.
- A Pirate Life Brewing ‘Private Tin Party’ for you and 30 mates, DJ, food and booze all supplied (valued at $2,000).
- From Black Diamond Tattoo: 1x $500 voucher for laser removal by Lasertat; 1x $500 Tattoo voucher of any resident artist; and 1x Black Diamond Gift Package, which includes a hoody, t-shirt and tub of hustle butter tattoo aftercare product, valued at $130.
- Port Admiral Hotel gift basket, valued at $500. Includes wine, beer, mixed Port Admiral merch, a voucher and a Bushfire Fundraiser loyalty card for 15% off all year.
- A Low & Slow American BBQ gift pack, valued at $500, also including wine, beer, merch, a voucher and Bushfire Fundraiser loyalty card.
- Community Input Raffle (Ages 18+) valued at $500. (Goodies have been donated from Coopers, Black Diamond, Low & Slow, Clever Little Tailor, Pink Moon Saloon, Just Down the Road and Never Never Distilling.)
- The South Australian Brewers Raffle. A selection of Adelaide breweries have put together a case of mixed singles (valued at $250).
- From local photographer Tony Kearney, a framed photograph of the “Europa” tall ship valued at $800.
- From local visual artist Billie Justice Thompson, a framed print of an Australian Native Bird valued at $700.
- Signed painting ‘Good Tucker’ by Russell Morrison, hand painted by father of Port Admiral Partner Jim Morrison, a beautiful backdrop of the Australian outback, valued at $590
- South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service, Fire Truck and Station Tour (four people max), which includes a private tour of a local fire station hosted by Alberton heroes and local father and son duo Station Officer Russell Edwards and New Recruit, Jake Edwards! Perfect for a family with younger children.
- The Semaphore Pets and Garden Store have donated a beautiful three-metre-tall potted strelitzia plant, delivered to your door, valued at $300.
- A Part Time Lover private dinner party for up to 10 friends, food and booze included, valued at $500.
- A Port Local Printed Sherrin Football valued at $150.
- A Signed pair of Tex Walker’s football boots from the Adelaide Crows and signed Sherrin Football by the entire football team (valued at $450).
- A Big Shed Brewery Brew Day Experience: brew with the crew for a day, enjoy lunch and a few knock offs, and a carton of your finished product (valued at $400).
- A Pirate Life Private Tour, tasting and merch pack valued at $300
- A six pack of South Australian Nebbiolo, in consecutive vintage from the last 6 years, from our friends at SC Pannell valued at $450.
- F45 8 Week Challenge with access to unlimited classes, 2x body scans and a full nutritional plan valued at $500.
- Adelaide City Restaurants and Bars Gift Basket – This gift basket is packed full of gift vouchers and drinkable items kindly donated by all our friends and the community around town
- From the South Australian Maritime Museum, a Port River History Cruise for 10 people on heritage vessel Archie Badenoch, hosted by the museum’s curator and a 12-month family museum membership, valued at $550.
Honestly, it’s a lot. And there are still more items to be confirmed for auction.
The Port Admiral’s Bushfire Appeal is happening on Sunday, 19 January from midday at the Port Admiral. Come along and give what you can. For more information, see the event page.
In addition to participating in such events as the Port Local Bushfire Charity Auction, you can also donate directly. See our guide to donating to the cause here.